CEMES > Funding opportunities
CEMES GRANTS - second round 2017
Call for applications for research activities planned for autumn 2017 and spring 2018
Deadline for submission of applications is Tuesday, 23rd May 2017 (h 23:59)
CEMES has a total amount of DKK 130.000 to distribute in the second round.
The maximum amount that can be applied for is DKK 25.000!
All members of our faculties who plan further activities in the framework of our CEMES coordination are invited to submit applications. The steering group will give special attention to applications that apply for seed money to facilitate external research applications in the field of European studies as defined in the guidelines. Such facilitating activities could be workshops or network seminars activities with external partners.
Please read the guidelines below for further information.
Guidelines for CEMES Grant applications
1. The project responsible main applicant must be employed as researcher at University of Copenhagen (The Faculty of Humanities and the Faculty of Theology). Researchers from other Faculties as well as other Danish and foreign universities can be part of the application.
2. Funding can be applied for interdisciplinary activities in modern European studies as defined chronologically and thematically here: (ABOUT CEMES)
3. Individual researchers can apply for funding of collective activities of up to 25.000 DKK, for events that take place within 2017 and the spring of 2018. These may include conferences, seminars, workshops, public lectures and debates. Edited volumes born out of CEMES activities can receive limited funding. The funding does not cover individual research missions.
4. Research groups can apply for funding of collective activities. These may include conferences, seminars, workshops, public lectures and debates and networking activities. Edited volumes born out of CEMES activities can receive limited funding.
The steering group will give special attention to applications that apply for seed money to facilitate external research applications in the field of European studies as defined in the guidelines. Such facilitating activities could be workshops or network seminars activities with external partners.
5. Applications must be sent to the CEMES Secretariat, and be comprised of maximum 5 pages, excluding annexes. A detailed budget must be annexed to the application (see the specific guidelines here (Link to Budget guidelines). You are welcome to consult Lene Raben-Levetzau email@example.com for budgetary advice.
In addition, the application must include a ¼ page summary to be posted on the English website. No standard forms are used. Applications must be submitted electronically (Word or PDF) to the CEMES-coordinator Lene Raben-Levetzau firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. The applications are evaluated by the steering committee according to their relevance to the CEMES purpose as stated in the CEMES General Purpose text .
All projects will have to be carried out within a definite time as defined by the steering committee.
7. The CEMES administration will handle public relations and advertisement.
The grant holder is responsible for providing adequate information on these points.
All practicalities related to organizing the events should be handled at the home department of the grant holder. To facilitate the latter it is recommended that applications include adequate student aid hours. The CEMES administration will be available for consulting on practical matters for CEMES events. The accounting aspects of all activities will be handled by the CEMES contact persons in the faculty finance centre in consultation with the grant holder and the CEMES administrative coordinator. The grant holder must provide a final grant account.