CEMES > Funding opportunities
CEMES grants - call for applications for activities in fall 2013
CEMES has a small amount (dkr. 160.000) to distribute for activities in fall 2013.
All members of our faculties who plan further activities in the framework of our CEMES coordination are invited to submit applications.
Guidelines for applications for grants from Centre for Modern European Studies (CEMES)
1. The project responsible main applicant must be employed as researcher at University of Copenhagen (The Faculty of Humanities and the Faculty of Theology) and associated with CEMES. Researchers not employed at Copenhagen University, can be part of the application.
2. Funding can be applied for to cover/support the set-up, the consolidation and expansion of researcher network groups and the activities of the researcher network groups. The network groups must be cross disciplinary. Researcher network groups can apply for funding for the following type of activities:
• Network seminars (board and travel expenses)
• Honorarium for Danish(outside CPH U) and international keynote speakers (mainly PhD- and student lectures - not meant for conference- and workshop participation)
• Network travel in Denmark and abroad, in connection with formation and consolidation of networks as foundation for grant applications (external funding)
3. Funding can be applied for to cover/support specific single events, including conferences and seminars. All events must be cross disciplinary.
4. Funding can be applied for to cover/support research travel and research project development (excepting salary coverage).
5. Applications must be sent to the CEMES Secretariat, and be comprised of maximum 5 pages, excluding annexes. A detailed budget must be annexed to the application. In addition, the application must include a ¼ page summary to be posted on the English website. No standardforms are used. Applications must be submitted electronically (Word or PDF) to the CEMES-secretary Lene Raben-Levetzau email@example.com.
6. The applications are evaluated according to their relevance to the CEMES purpose as stated in the CEMES General Purpose text (www.cemes.ku.dk). Furthermore, the cross disciplinary focus of the projects and the professional quality of the projects and activities, will also be important in the evaluation of the applications.