Former CEMES Research Groups
In order to ensure a multifaceted and active network, CEMES initiated the formation and consolidation of eight research groups. These groups were all open to participants, including both CEMES researchers and external researchers.
The purpose of the research groups was defined by the individual group, but a number of approaches could be suggested. These included: a continuously running research forum for the presentation of research, initiating seminars and conferences, develop national and international networks and the initiation of proper research projects, which may result in external funding applications nationally and internationally. The basic activities of the research groups were funded by CEMES.
1. Europe from an Identity and Cultural-History Perspective (EIP) (principal project managers: Gert Sørensen, Karl Christian Lammers and Lars K. Bruun)
2. European Contemporary History: Integration, Ideology and Politics (ECH) (principal project managers: Niklas Olsen, Brigitte Leucht and Sigfrido Ramírez Pérez)
3. Scandinavian Cultural and Aesthetic Modernity (SCAM) (Principal project manager: Jan Rosiek)
5. European Cultural Life During the Cold War (CWCult) (Principal project manager: Michael Fjedsøe)
8. CEMES-Young Scholars (CYS)
This group was only open to PhD-Scholars and post.doc. candidates.