Thinking the European Republic of Letters – Activities Spring 2018
8) June 22-24, Hamburg, „Vom Blatt zur Seite. Was es heißt, ein Manuskript zu lesen.“, Workshop at the Centre for the Study of Manuscript Cultures, organised by Christian Benne
1) Feb. 21, 15-17, Søndre Campus 24.3.62: Frank Ejby Poulsen discusses theses and arguments of his dissertation: A Cosmopolitan Republican in the French Revolution. The Political Thought of Anarcharsis Cloots (closed meeting, group members only)
2) March 16, 13-15, Søndre Campus 24.4.01: Troels Thorborg Andersen: ”Techno og filosofi: Om at oversætte Rainald Goetz’ Rave” (open meeting, everybody welcome).
3) March 16, 17-19, Møllegades Boghandel, Nørrebro: Book presentation and discussion with Christian Benne on Friedrich Nietzsche’s lyrical poetry (open meeting, everybody welcome).
3) April 4, 18:00-19:30 (Saxo meeting room, Søndre Campus 12-03-07): Debate on Stanley Cavell and the relationship between intellectual history, philosophy and literary criticism (closed meeting, group members only).
4) April 24, Danish writer Stig Dalager in conversation with Sabrina Ebbersmeyer on Elisabeth of Bohemia, one of the first women in Western philosophy. Stig Dalager will also read from his novel Kvinde i et århundrede (2017), which was partly inspired by Sabrina Ebbersmeyer’s work on Elisabeth (open meeting, everybody welcome).
Read more here
5) May 3, 14-16 (Saxo meeting room, Søndre Campus 12.03.07): Part 2 of internal discussion of Stanley Cavell (closed meeting, group members only).
5) May 18-20, Paderborn: International conference on Elisabeth of Bohemia, co-organised by Sabrina Ebbersmeyer
6) May 17, 15-17 (Søndre Campus 24.0.11): “Hegel, Hamlet, and Nietzsche”. Guest lecture with Prof. Dr. Anselm Haverkamp (New York University). Open meeting, everybody welcome. Read more here
6) May 22, 15-17, Søndre Campus 22.0.11: ”Litteraturkritikken før og nu.” Seminar i anledning af udgivelsen af bogen Litteraturteori LIVE. Seksten samtaler om kritikkens guldalder ved Marianne Stidsen. Medvirkende bl.a. Marianne Stidsen, Isak Winkel Holm, Lasse Horne Kjældgaard og Christian Benne. Followed by reception (open meeting, everybody welcome).
7) June 13, Author meets Critic. With Kristin Gjesdal (Oslo Universitet/Temple University): Herder's Hermeneutics: History, Poetry, Enlightenment, Cambridge University Press 2017. In conversation with Christian Benne (KU) and Adam Paulsen (SDU). Followed by reception (open meeting, everybody welcome).
Elisabeth of Bohemia (1618-1680)
24th April in Copenhagen and 18-20th May in Paderborn