Museums and National Identity
What does it mean to be Danish? Or European? And how do museums help foster a national identity among their visitors? This symposium will feature presentations from scholars, museum curators, and directors to answer these questions.
- 10:00 Welcome
- 10:15 Kristian Handberg (Assistant Professor in Art History, Department of Arts and Cultural Studies, University of Copenhagen)
- 11:15 Janus Møller Jensen (Director Danish-Jewish Museum)
- 12:00 Break for lunch
- 13:00 Iben Vyff, (Head of Research and Cultural Heritage at The Museums of Elsinore & Visiting Researcher at Roskilde University)
- 14:00-14:15 Reading by Helene Johanne Christensen from her new novel about collections and museums
- 13:00 Anders Osvald Thorkilsen (curator, Migration Museum of Denmark) & Dragan Jovanovic (research assistant Migration Museum of Denmark
- 14:00 Andrea Mork (Head Curator, House of European History in Brussels)
- 15:00 Paweł Machcewicz (Institute of Political Studies of the Polish Academy of Sciences, and former director of the Museum of the Second World War in Gdansk)
- 16:00 Anna Krakus (Assistant Professor, Department of Regional and Cross-Cultural Studies, University of Copenhagen)
- 17:00 (Virtual) Aniko Szucs (Visiting Assistant Professor, Theater Department, Skidmore College)
- 18:00 Reception with drinks
Symposiet er tilrettelagt af Anna Krakus, lektor på Institut for Tværkulturelle og Regionale Studier (ToRS).
Map of South Campus
View on map of the Faculty of Humanities - South Campus.
View map of South Campus (pdf).